Comment on page
This file name refers to the forward reads (R1) sequenced from a biological sample with the file number 8 that were collected using whole metagenomic sequencing in dataset CMP002.
Please use this file naming template for raw sequences tool as a guide to create file names.
Each number in the example above corresponds to a field in the file name. Fields are separated by ‘_’ to enhance computer readability. Shortened column names used in the template above are provided in parentheses next to the appropriate field definition.
- 1.Dataset Number (Dataset_No):
- All C-CoMP datasets will be assigned an internal dataset number. Please request this number on the #dataset_number_requests slack channel following the instructions provided above.
- Metadata about the dataset (including Dataset number, method type, and data storage location) will be recorded in the C-CoMP Data Catalog.
- 2.Approach (Approach):
- The kind of method that was used for this specific project X sample (see examples and abbreviations below)
- 3.Sample type (Sample_Type):
- Use this field to distinguish sample types. Sample type should fall into one of these categories: quality control (QC) or biological sample (SA). QC includes samples run as DNA extraction or sequencing controls to check for contamination during sample preparation.
- 4.File number (File_No)
- 5.Forward or Reverse Reads (Forward_Reverse):
- Either the forward reads (R1) or reverse reads (R2) if applicable to the file type. Use ‘noR’ if this is not applicable.
- 6.Sequencing number (Seq_no):
- 1.Used if there is more sequencing data for the same sample and data type. This field is only changed if the sample is a technical replicate. If the sample is a biological replicate or from a separate extraction process, the sample is assigned a different sample_ID. Default number is 001.
- 7.File-type extension
- WMX - Whole Metagenomic Sequencing (environmental metagenomics)
- WQX - Whole Genome Sequencing
- AMP - Amplicon Sequencing (e. g. 16S rRNA)
- TXX - Transcriptomics
- MTX - Environmental Metatranscriptomics
Sample Type Abbreviations:
- QC - Quality Control
- SA - Biological Sample